DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure
7:00 pm, 28th January
The word "Cloud" is thrown around a lot these days, but what is it really? What do engineers mean when they say they're running an application "on the cloud"? How does the Cloud help companies like Twitter handle traffic generated by millions of users, every second?
Building a service like Twitter is easy, but when the service gets 300 million users, servers start failing under the load. In a situation like this, you need to come up with ways to automatically set up additional servers as traffic grows, automate your deployments, etc.
What We Will Talk About?
Building your product is only the first step. The next step is to deploy it and then ensure that it scales as your user base grows. That's what we're gonna talk about. More specifically -
- Putting an application into production for the first time.
- Scaling your application for your initial users.
- Going from a single server to an infrastructure.
- What the cloud means and some popular cloud providers.
- Common challenges you will face when putting your app on the cloud.
- What is DevOps and how to automate things.